An earlier time

An earlier time
My autographed "Bobby Seale" copy

Monday, February 20, 2006

Every Thing Changes

I hear people constantly saying how different life is now than when they were young. They say that times have changed, that the world has changed. It's true! Our world is one of constant changes. Life has to adapt to those changes or cease to exist. We change the rules and structure of our sports to make it what we desire, be it equality, acceptability,or perhaps uniformity. With each lurch forward of technology we roll with the changes. We change our routines, our fashions, our ideals, our dreams. Certainly many changes require leaving a part of the familiar behind. We morn the loss often by classifying the good parts as nostalgia so that we might "visit" from time to time. Tradition becomes short lived and probably should to allow us to adapt. There is one area that warrants our attention as it affects our lives more often than not negatively. That area?...relationships! We make all these changes to adapt in every other aspect yet we cling to traditional blueprints for relationships. I am so happy to have broken from the bonds of traditional relationships. I have so often examined my past relationships in order to discover to whom fault could be attributed in it's demise. Many times I have been riddled with guilt, blaming myself for either what I did to have caused it to go sour or what I could have done differently to preserve it. It was the realization that since the largest percentage of the world changes then too perhaps so should the traditional relationship. I also had to figure in my beliefs in the soul's connection to other souls.(This, however, might become a topic for later revelations into my way of interpreting existence.)
All of this posting so far is to announce the following information. I have found someone that I am enjoying so very much. She is such an intelligent and caring individual and I am very lucky that she desires to spend time with me. The relationship from the outset has felt differently than any other beginning I've had with anyone else. It is not a forced relationship where one feels the need to do the traditional compromises to keep the other happy. It is a relationship founded solely in the fact that we have so much in common and we both feel it to be wrong not to be together in celebration of those things. I feel comfortable. I feel special. We each have other things going on in our lives but we each seem to need someone of the same understanding of the world, the understanding of true meaningful togetherness. Whether you wish to chalk it up to fate, karma, answers to prayers, or simply blind luck, we have found each other. We are content to spend time together without restrictions and we know that our enjoyment comes from knowing that the other is respectful of feelings and needs. Neither one of us feels the need to force or control our interaction. We simply enjoy each other and as to the level that our relationship will reach, we understand that it will be dictated only by the desire to be together on common ground. I have no desire to dwell one iota on the differences in order to bring her to my belief in any area. That area of differences seems so minute anyway. That brings us to my understanding....In a truly successful relationship the core of success is embodied in simplicity. You need only to rejoice together in common enjoyment. That, to me, is the evolutionary change that the traditional relationship must make to bring about success.I don't dare to tear the traditional down for others who have made it work. Suffice it to say it just hasn't worked for me. The traditional relationship has always had that key inside perhaps, but with it comes the differences that most seem determined to deal with through simple toleration, or compromise to avoid a clash in control. The traditional relationship seems determined to put the majority of control in the hands of one or the other.I am so happy that I have found someone who seems to feel as I do...that happiness comes from 2 souls with similar wants and needs, with no desire to be controlled or to control, that refuse to force anything in any direction, and only want to be together to feel wanted, secure, and celebrate the life we have been gifted with!....Thank you Stephanie!...You are truly special and that too is how you make me feel!....Love to all...Jeff