An earlier time

An earlier time
My autographed "Bobby Seale" copy

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Studying More These days


When a person has time on their hands that has to be used or lost, that person also renders himself/herself open to possible mental illness. This is comparable to the plight of the postal worker. How often have we heard of a postal worker going "mental" and engaging in some violent act. Obviously there is too much time to think there. After sorting mail for a while one could probably do it in their sleep. When you are a postal worker though, you aren't able to spend that thought time researching anything on the internet or read a book. All you have is time to reflect on your own set of circumstances and the stupid mistakes that people make with their mail can't possibly help. Keeping this in mind, when my health confines me to the house (chair, bed, whatever!) I try to spend that time in constructive study. I spend a good bit of time in world religions trying connect the dots out to come to a rational conclusion on why we exist in the first place and the purpose for our existence. At present I have immersed myself in the study of a denomination of Hinduism known as Vaishnavism. Interestingly enough there is much there that compares to many things found in my own Christian religion. I still consider myself to be Christian because I do believe that Jehovah has walked among us and that Jesus was one of the times that he did. Anyway the study I am doing has a way of calming me as opposed to postal violence provocation. As I study though I end up with so very many questions that I note and try to discover the answer to. They always lead me to the question "Jeff, Are you mentally ill or what?" Perhaps...but violence takes too much energy and pain coupled with study in nonviolent things makes me mental in a non threatenting way...love to all....Jeff