An earlier time

An earlier time
My autographed "Bobby Seale" copy

Saturday, January 14, 2006

And This is Your Brain on Reality!


I have never considered reality to be enjoyable entertainment. Wasn't the purpose of stage and screen to provide a chance for man (or woman, to be politically correct!) to escape the bonds of reality? No matter how burdensome life was, just breaking to see a movie or a TV program could provide a brief period of deliverance. Many times my response to the actions of characters in a TV show was, "See? Nobody would really do something that stupid!" Then, along came the reality show and my response oft times is "See, You just knew they were going to do something that stupid!" Reality shows have made stars of people that you once wanted to place on death row. Those shows don't afford me any time for rest and relaxation. They only serve to deteriorate my health by raising my blood pressure as I jump to my feet screaming "IDIOTS! THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS!" Shows like "Growing Up Gotti, Hogan Knows Best, Who Wants to be a Hilton, and The Osbournes" only serve to strengthen the need for my proposed "Euthanasia for stupidity" law. Just let me go insane, embark on a killing spree and watch me head off into TV land! Maybe then they'll do a reality show about me and my prison life. Perhaps they could call it "Lethal injection for Jeffrey." Flip on the TV, get my sidewalk star ready, and give me time to reload! Love to all...Jeff