An earlier time

An earlier time
My autographed "Bobby Seale" copy

Thursday, January 19, 2006

In Trouble Now!


As my boyz age they enter into the normal stages of development but I am never ready. Just the other day they were allowed to pick out the calendar they wanted. My youngest, Lennon, picked out a "Sponge Bob" one but my oldest, Zak?....He picked the "Sports Illustrated Swim Suit" one! Yes, he is more than just interested in the opposite sex. Ordinarily I wouldn't worry at all...but at age 11?...I remember my own past and I don't remember girls being anything but there until I was 13. Yeah, yeah, I know it's only 2 years difference but I am still trying to get this boy settled in middle school and girls seem to be an added distraction. I also have taken notice of the type of girls he's going to encounter this day and time and that too is cause for worry. I started raising kids later in life than most my peers so the kids of today are actually the bonehead grandkids of the bonehead kids I went to school with (this is where the study of brain cell decay and genetics comes in handy!)...Now you see why I worry! Oh well! you do what you can do and hope and pray for the best to come out of it. All I can say is that when my youngest becomes interested girls of today will have their hands full! He is a complicated individual and so much like his Dad that my worries will include him being able to find someone compatible. I have always had problems finding someone that connects with me on enough points to believe that there is a chance for a decent relationship. Only one time did I ever find that one special one and I am convinced that she was my soul mate but as usual there were stumbling blocks and I let her go and have regretted it. So I wish better judgment for both my boyz and hope that I can be there to help guide them through it. Parenthood is not for the faint of heart!...always remember..."Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!"...Love to all, Jeff