An earlier time

An earlier time
My autographed "Bobby Seale" copy

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Holidays! Step Into The Millennium!


Holidays!....love 'em or hate 'em...they still happen! Personally I think everyone should design their own holidays. It's time we made business more responsive to us! Let's start by removing all present holidays. Each individual should be allowed one day each month as his/her own holiday (total of 12 a year as individuals). If you desire to have a number of people celebrating the same day that's ok...everyone participating would have to use one of their monthly days the same time as you thereby ensuring that there'd be no "Bah humbugs!" Holidays would then all be festive occasions for all involved and if you didn't want to celebrate someone else's holiday, a polite, "I don't want to use up my day this month for that but thanks for the invite!" would suffice. Businesses would have to continually keep in stock all different types of major celebration items if they wanted to remain competitive. The greatest drawing card for me would be that my kids would have to design their own holidays. My kids,I'm sure, would try to keep Halloween....my most hated holiday (besides Valentines Day)! For me Halloween is too much a reality holiday. How?...Kids threaten to do something you don't want them to do (tricks) to receive what they want (candy) while putting on their ugliest faces (masks) and they bring it to public attention (door to door) and you have to pay out money to be abused in such a manner! Here, in my world, that occurs on a daily basis! My first monthly holiday would be "Daddy Ain't Right Day"...all day my responses and reactions would be just off the top of my head and any request for money would bring out the Daddy dollars (computer made with my picture on the front!) Requests for ways to relieve boredom would result in helping Daddy to design his own headstone with that famous quotation "I hate meeces to pieces!" at the top. Any attacks made from brother to brother would result in a firing squad atmosphere where disgustingly sloppy food items would be flung at the perpetrator of the attack by the victim as Generalisimo Daddy coordinates. Any bad manners at the table would result in removal of utensils...plate in the floor and the bad mannered one would be required to eat like the animal he has become. Wow! wouldn't it be nice?....Ok!...I now have a new quest!....Throw off tradition America!...It's time for Designer Holidays!...hmmm! wonder what I could cook up for "Nasty Smellin' Food Dishes Day"....love to all....Jeff