An earlier time

An earlier time
My autographed "Bobby Seale" copy

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Can Anyone Hear Me Scream?

A typical night for me last night...in bed by 11...asleep by 12...up at 2 am...back to sleep by 3:30 am....then an unusual twist...I actually slept from that point until 7 am....Wow! 3 1/2 hours of solid sleep!...Upon arising I began my day thanking God for the opportunity and then did what I normally do until the boyz woke up...I checked the news!...If ever you need any kind of reality check these days or you somehow find the need for a shot of depression (not enough of those huh?) just read the news. In having the time to reflect though it occurs to me that perhaps I'd try what a friend keeps telling me to do...make everything into a positive experience!...Yeah!...I know...same question I came back with...ARE YOU KIDDING?...but in a perverse sort of way it works!...at least temporarily...Let's try this from my window a moment...I live in a country lead by a president that actually stole the office in front of the entire world...okay...but I can say that out loud and not be shot!...That's positive...I read each day where someone digs into civil rights cases of the past and there is acknowledgement of the wrongs committed back then...ok...at least we are compensating the only way we can for those atrocities...That's a positive thing!...Fuel prices are skyrocketing upon the lamest of excuses by oil companies as usual...This one is a little more difficult...There's a positive side to this?...Well those of us who have seen this garbage before can predict that, eventually (until Labor Day), gas prices will rise closer to $3.00 a gallon and settle back down to what they are now and we'll be conditioned by that time to live with the prices we see now...ok! that's as positive as that gets!...Earthquake hits Japan and tsunami warnings are issued....hmmm!...well...It did hit Japan and not Buncombe County (my apologies to the Japanese!)...The Lutheran Church struck down (by a close margin!) having clergy who are in a committed homosexual relationship be able to lead some congregations...This one's easy to be positive about!...God's gonna handle that one and it ain't gonna be pretty!...See?...In a perverse sort of way my friend is right!...I feel better!...but...CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME SCREAM!...Love, Jeff