An earlier time

An earlier time
My autographed "Bobby Seale" copy

Monday, August 22, 2005

Enjoy It While You Can


In spite of the difficulties in raising ADHD kids I look back at the last 10 years and they have passed so very quickly. I seem to be the type of person that always has to have something to worry about. That in itself is strange because it's been said that there is never anything to worry about. The things you worry about that can be acted on should be so. The things that are out of your control as such do not merit worrying about in the first place. I see how quickly 10 years have passed and I think of it only being 8 more years until my youngest son reaches 18 and I worry, not so much about them but myself. At the outside chance that I survive 8 more rapidly disappearing years I may possibly find myself alone and though I fear little, I fear that. With the shape of the country, even the world, perhaps the boyz will need to stay with me much longer than that so my worry may be moot. Amazing isn't it? There are times when I have pulled out what is left of my hair and screamed aloud of not being able to wait for the day they go out on their own. Honestly though, I secretly pray that the day never come. Enjoy it while you can! Time is an enemy.