An earlier time

An earlier time
My autographed "Bobby Seale" copy

Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Price to Pay for Everything Good!

I believe it!...Here everything comes with a price!...The last 2 days building up to the first day of school for "The Wrecking Crew" were very calm and the boyz were putting forth a great effort. I have noticed that over the summer they have matured a great deal. Strange isn't it? Nine months of school, nine months of other adult influences, nine months of observing their classmates and friends (both mature and immature), and they end up maturing more in 2 and 1/2 months of playing, fighting, and paying no noticeable attention to anything worthwhile. Ah! humans...such complex creatures! On my home planet we sleep for the equivalent of 2 1/2 months and spend the remainder of the year foraging for chocolate. My planet is much less stressful too which accounts for my suffering here. I am hopeful for returning home one day but obviously I have been sent here as some sort of punishment as there has been no response to my signal. Oh well!...Anyway, after such good days with them, I prepared for a new experience...getting 2 ADHD kids off to 2 separate schools. Never have I seen so many forms and things to keep abreast of! The alarm actually woke me at 6 am. I had a rough night sleeping (as usual!)...bed at 10...up at 12:30...up at 2:30-3:30...anyway....I got the boyz up at 6:30 and I swear I must have accidentally opened the gates of Hades!...After getting Zak to put the dog out repeatedly and my head in a spin getting breakfast, the correct forms in the correct folders, their supplies in their bookbags,all the while encouraging Lennon to eat, get dressed, and to leave Zak alone it came time to leave....Then rush to Lennon's school, drop him off, rush to Zak's school, get his medicines straight with the school nurse, get his PE uniform from the coach, and deliver his papers to his teacher...then rush back to Lennon's school, get his medicines straightened out, deliver his forms. I headed back home...totally drained, blessed the dog, and turned my head toward the storm dropping buckets of rain outside. Yes! Rain....pain... all of this before noon!...Awfully high payment for such a short time of calm and sanity!...No Virginia....there's no Santa Claus!...he costs too much!....Love Jeff