An earlier time

An earlier time
My autographed "Bobby Seale" copy

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Do What Must Be Done


I am in a unique position. Not many fathers have an opportunity to raise their children on their own. Rarer still are the fathers from that category that are able to spend the amount of time with their children that I have been awarded. Being encompassed by them at this stage of their lives, I used to struggle with attempting to maintain a life of my own and still fulfill my obligation to them. That was all wrong and it took me a long time to discover the truth. Let's face it, my kids are my life, and from ages 1-12 (at a minimum) I must center everything around them. That's why computers are so great! You have the library of the world at your fingertips. I have the boyz to sit beside me each day as we learn something new and interesting. I have invested a great deal of time searching and trying different programs and websites. I now have enough interesting things to keep them busy forever. Homework time is my time to teach and is a fun time IF you utilize the tools you have. Life works out the same way.
Raising children you must understand that being a child is adult training and as much as they are learning to be children, I am learning to be a parent. I am never satisfied with at least 2 things in my life. I am never satisfied in considering myself a good parent and I am never satisfied in considering myself as an asset to my creator. I am always working on both trying to achieve perfection all the while knowing that I never will. I just keep doing what must be done. Love to all, Jeff